Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming

This is a little early because it is not Thanksgiving yet, but I was reflecting on my life recently. I was not trying to; I kind of stumbled upon it. Really, I saw the year 2007 written on a card and that got me thinking. In fact, it was a dentistry card. Hahaha.

The more I began thinking about what has transpired in the last few years of my life, the more I realized how absolutely ridiculous God has been to me. I came to a place of realization that made me....okay.....cry. Not long, I will have you know. Haha. It hit me square in the face; my life has flown by so fast. I was simultaneously thankful and sorrowful. Life is too fast, and it's only going to get faster. In one sense, I do not want it to end (that's where eternity steps in, right?) because this life thing is fun. Yes, it has moments that are so trying it can drain you. However, even in those times, God has been revealing to me the depth of joy that should be present. It just blows me away. I can hardly believe this is my life. It is not because of me; I just want to boast about God for a bit.

I really believe that if you took some time to reflect on your life, you will come to the same realization. God does not play favorites. He wants to make your face melt with the joy of living a life that is devoted to His purposes. It is so much more fun than anything else. Give it a shot if you are not already.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

4 Comments:

Josh Selley said...

Yes, life is fast...so enjoy the ride. The ride may be fast, but you will get to live it to the fullest if you only realize that God is right there with you to show you the finer things of life.

Sean Moore said...

Indeed. Indeed. Well said, man.

Bubba said...

Great post Smo - I'm thankful we get to journey together in this season. Life is flying by... crazy!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only sensitive one on staff with Rev!!! haha...

Love you bro - have a great Thanksgiving!

Bubs

Sean Moore said...

Oh you know Zack is sensitive too. Actually now I have been called "passionate" (because I wore purple?)